Wednesday, February 12, 2014

UIL Creative Arts

WOW! The UIL Creative Arts participants representing our school really impressed me this year (and last :)). Long hours, mess-ups, start-overs and learning curves were all a part of the process but, I wouldn't have it any other way. Many 8th grade contestants are repeat winners from last year and my new crop of 7th graders are so full of potential it's kind of staggering. To think these students have had little-to-no visual art exposure or experience before they get to me is amazing because they continue to impress me daily! So, without further ado, here are the place winners for the 2014 UIL Creative Arts competition:

1st place 8th gr. painting: Hailey W.

3rd place 8th gr. painting: Dominik J.


2nd place 8th gr. drawing: Brynn S. 

3rd place 8th gr. drawing: Laney J. 


2nd place 7th gr. painting: Ashton M. 

6th place 7th gr. drawing: Hannah H. 

4th place 7th gr. mixed/misc: Gabriela M. 


Here is a group shot of all the other submissions that are also totally medal-worthy!




My ArtSmart team also cleaned house this weekend. It was our first year competing so nerves were a little high but, they really brought their a-game. 
7th gr. 2nd-Ashlea F., 3rd- Jacob U. 4th- Cassandra M. 5th- Hannah H. 6th- Tyler M. 
8th gr. 2nd-Laney J., 3rd- Tate F. 4th- Tucker F. 5th-Andrea F.


I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to participate in these two contests! I love it, the students love it, and it's a great way to bring exposure to the amazing things students are creating in art.

1 comment:

  1. WHY OHHHHH WWHHYY DIDN'T I GET FIRST PLACE.
    Mine was da bomb diggity!

    ReplyDelete